When you go to a wedding, you never see anyone in a bad mood! Everyones happy, smiling, feeling the love and any stress, worries or problems are simply put to the side to celebrate the love of the couple and the friendships all around.
The energy and good vibes rub off on you!
And good vibes is something we could all do more of, every day, not just at special events or occasions.
So here’s a list of small gestures of kindness that can make someone else's entire day, make you feel good, and spread love near and far.
1. Smile at people more! Start with your neighbour or the first person you see in the morning.
2. Let a car merge in front of you and do it with a smile.
3 Buy an extra cup of coffee in the morning and give it to a colleague
4. If you have an hour or two left on your car parking ticket, leave at the machine for someone else to make use of.
5. Leave a nice note in the morning for your other half saying, “Have a great day :)”
6. Forgive yourself for any mistakes you've made. Today’s a new day — let’s get on with it.
7. Drink from a reusable water bottle or cup to help the environment.
8. Give a generous tip to your waiter and leave a kind note on the receipt!
9. Reach out to someone you haven't talked to in a while. (That’s why they invented Facebook!)
10. Sit with someone who is eating alone.
11. Eat and buy local - support your community.
12. Compliment a stranger. This is one of my absolute favourite things to do. I tell them I love their glasses, or shoes, or the way they pulled themselves together. They usually light up with a smile and I’m so happy I helped to make their day a good one!
13. Pay for the coffee for the person behind you.
14. Donate clothes and shoes to the needy.
15. Tell someone you had a disagreement with that you're sorry.
16. Hold the door for others.
17. Offer o pick up your friend's children after school or babysit for free.
18. Resist the urge to honk at other cars on the road.
19. Be kind to someone you dislike. (I know this is a tough one! I struggle with it, too.)
20. Make a donation to a charity you care about.
21. Send a moon pig to your friends or family with a picture that brings a good memory
22. Let someone with just a few items go ahead of you at the till.
23. Practice being truly proud of all your accomplishments. It helps to start a gratitude list!
24. Visit an animal centre and take a dog for a walk (binfield dog rescue is great, i often go there to take a dog out for a walk. Gives the volunteers a break and helps you clear your head too!)
25. Let someone take your parking spot.
26. Donate books to the local library or bookstore. Clears out clutter and gives your books a new and deserving home!
27. Tell your other half how particularly ravishing he or she looks today!
28. Write notes of appreciation and love to three people who have changed your life for the better.
29. Fill the fridge with your roommate's or partner’s favourite foods. Healthy of course ;)
30. Offer to cover a shift for a colleague who needs to leave early.
So easy! Imagine how much better the world would be if we all took a little time to make it a sweeter, warmer place.
We're starting now — are you with us?