Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
Here are some of our favourite, quick and easy SFTW breakfasts to fuel you up and get you ready for the day...
1. Overnight oats
- 3/4 cupped hand oats
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 1/4 cupped hand sized portion of raisins
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
1. Place the oats, cinnamon, milk, and raisins into a small container or jar and stir until combined.
2. Cover the container or jar with the lid before placing in the fridge for at least 3 hours, overnight if possible.
3. You can add nuts into the overnight oats mix or serve on the side in the morning to get your portion of fat.
Overnight oats will keep in an airtight container, in the fridge, for 2 days. Enjoy cold or warm in the microwave for 2 minutes.
2. Smoked salmon & cream cheese bagel
- 1/2-1 wholemeal bagel (cupped hand)
- 1 thumb sized portion of Philadelphia lightest cream cheese
- 1 palm sized portion of smoked salmon
1. Slice the bagel in half and toast until golden brown.
2. Spread the cream cheese onto the bottom half of the toasted bagel.
3. Arrange the slices of smoked salmon evenly on top of the cream cheese and rest the toasted top half of the bagel on top.
If you are having half a bagel, you can always make up a whole one and save the other half for a snack later or the next day!
3. Peanut butter and banana on toast
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 1 thumb sized portion of peanut butter
- 1/2 cupped hand banana, sliced
1. Toast the bread and smother with peanut butter
2. Slice the banana and layer on top.
4. Blueberry porridge
- 3/4 cupped hand portion of oats
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 1/4 cupped hand portion blueberries
1. Stir the oats and milk together in a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes.
2. Add in the blueberries and serve.
5. Scrambled eggs on toast
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Break the eggs into a microwavable bowl or jug, Give them a whisk and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until cooked and fluffy.
2. Serve on toast (no butter needed)
What's your favourite quick and easy breakfast? Feel free to share :)